state of, MI
110 to 125 K$/yr
Interesting TOOLING MANAGER opportunity at a well-established manufacturing firm near Troy, Michigan. Need very solid experience with plastic manufacturing tooling, metals, and mold components and Management/Supervisory experience. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Manager
- Manage a team of 35+ tool makers and machinists who construct, repair, and modify dies, and maintain and calibrate machine shop tools, jigs, fixtures, instruments and dies
- Supervise operation of various machine tools and performs related highly-skilled work such as laying out, fitting and assembling parts
- Responsible for planning and managing work schedules for shops and associates and complete projects by prioritizing and assigning duties based on workloads and resources
- Oversee design of new tooling for production and redesign or modify parts of existing equipment to improve manufacturing and/or resolve problems and participate in development work, including skilled fitting, timing, adjustment and construction of tools
- Analyze problems and provide technical support. Implement problem solving solutions as assigned. Set up procedures and operational sequences.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, instructing and assisting employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements for the Manager
- Minimum 10+ year experience in tooling related to manufacturing
- Minimum 4+ years experience in Management/Supervision
- Need very solid experience with plastic manufacturing tooling, metals, and mold components
- Experience with plastic material validation and plastic quality control methods
- Application experience with plastic materials in Injection Molding of single and multi-cavity tools with or without hot runner systems
- A PLUS to have BS Engineering degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering/Science
- A PLUS to have knowledge of thermoforming tooling
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Benefits for the Manager
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity with a solid manufacturing firm
- Periodic travel