100 to 120 K$/yr
Our client is seeking a dynamic Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with a strong background in automation to help service small to large capital projects throughout the mid-atlantic.
The successful candidate will have ability to manage multiple projects effectively. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, with an emphasis in process or clean utility systems and associated instrumentation and controls.
- Development of P&ID drawings, write control narratives
- Create routing plan drawings to show point to point wiring for instrumentation and communication wiring
- Create schematic drawings sets including control panel layouts, instrument to PLC wiring, and network layouts
- Work with customer, equipment vendors, and subcontractors to create installation, start-up and product commissioning schedules
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) Programming (Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens etc.)
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI) Programming (Wonderware, iFix etc.)
- Design power electronics systems
- Implement computational models
- Field service engineering (control panel design review, PLC/HMI program review, remote support to the field operating team)
- Integrate new control systems into existing plant control systems
- Train plant operators and maintenance personnel on system operations
- Ensure projects meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Bachelors + 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with control system programming programmable logic controllers (PLC) on range of platforms
- Experience in the design, implementation, testing/FAT/SAT, deployment/installation, and startup-, commissioning-, validation-, and run-support of batch automation systems for biotechnological and/or pharmaceutical production and development facilities is preferable, not required.
- Ability and flexibility to travel within the mid-atlantic (NJ/NY/PA/DE)
- Experience with tuning control systems (PID control loops) in the field during system testing and start-up
- Experience in developing graphical user interface (GUI) for human-machine interface (HMI) to PLC in a variety of platforms