Purchasing Manager needed near Baton Rouge, LA for a wood products manufacturer. Looking for someone with experience negotiating pricing and contracts with vendors and improving long term rates and contracts. This person will be responsible for the continue use of equipment, equipment contracts, part purchases and managing the spare part inventory. You should have technical knowledge of capital equipment, drums, dies and motors.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- 5+ years purchasing experience of capital equipment, dies and equipment parts
- STRONG negotiation skills and experience negotiating long term rates and contracts
- 5+ years purchasing experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Base Salary + up to 20% Bonus