Large Electric Company is seeking a Senior Turbine Engineer-Direct Hire-Honolulu, HI
- Provides OEM-expert level field engineering and technical consulting services to the stations for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving operational problems; optimizing maintenance and operational practices to enhance equipment performance, reliability, and life; and ensuring compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Leads, coordinates, and directs assigned staff in overhauls and equipment repairs
- Assess equipment condition, evaluates, repair alternatives, and makes timely and appropriate recommendations.
- Plans and forecasts for critical outage work, including maintenance recommendations, resource allocation, and vendor coordination.
- Serves as technical consultant to the station
- Investigates equipment failures and enlists support of other departments as needed to resolve problems
- 12 years or more of extensive experience in plant operation and maintenance
- Degree is preferred in related engineering discipline
- Steam Turbine/combustion turbine overhaul, troubleshooting, and maintenance planning
- 5+ years of OEM field engineer experience
- Utility industry experience
- Knowledge of specific equipment design, construction,, operation, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of appropriate federal, state, industry, and company regulations, codes, and practices
- Strong communication skills
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan