Process Engineer needed for a client just south of Louisville. Experience with Encapsulation or Injection Molding is desired. This individual engineers and manages the development of injection mold tooling and automation. Salary is based on experience.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
- Evaluates, implements and monitors processes and operating systems
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance or other department concerns
- Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to current equipment
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improve the efficiency, output , safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering related field
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Quality systems, TS 16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes