Project Engineer, Crown Point, IN - Leading structural engineering firm seeks to hire a Project Engineer focused on producing the design of cold-formed steel structures including curtain wall, load bearing, lateral bracing and/or stability analysis, and truss designs. BS Engineering, EIT, 47-76k base salary. Will consider recent graduates.
- Read and accurately interpret drawings
- Produce the design of cold-formed steel structures including curtain wall, load bearing, lateral bracing and/or stability analysis, and truss designs
- Produce a CAD/BIM production detail drawing package of cold-formed steel structures including fully detailed curtain wall and load bearing plan views, section views, 3D, isometric and other structural details.
- BS Engineering, Structural, Civil or Mechanical
- Must have EIT or be in process taking the exam
- Must have thorough knowledge of structural engineering.
- Flexibility in design with ability to solve problems with various approaches.
- Ability to perform engineering duties using a computer and computer analysis.
- COLD FORMED STEEL experience is desired but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of structural building components.ds.
- Must have experience or formal education in framing standards and how structural building components are assembled.
- Must have thorough understanding of AutoCAD OR Revit.
- Understanding and familiarity with framing installation methods
- Good benefits
- Relocation package