Northwest Ohio Valvetrain Assembly manufacturer is in need of a strong Controls Engineer on day shift. The Controls Engineer would have very strong "hands on" experience with PLCs, particularly Allen Bradley AND Siemens.
Must have Controls Engineering experience with Siemans,PLC's, and Allen-Bradley is required.
This Controls Engineer position is a first shift position requiring 40-45 hours weekly. Will be responsible in the development and supply of performance-critical valvetrain components for a full range of gas and diesel engines.
- Responsible for the design and/or integration of hardware, software, electrical, and communications systems into reliable robust systems for manufacture and assembly of automotive components.
- Conducts training, both classroom and on the job, on the complexity of machine operations, and set-up, and supervises ongoing training. Trains technicians on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) for proper equipment operation.
- Instructs company repair/maintenance personnel on new equipment and/or new machinery. Oversees planning and execution of effective Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Assists Maintenance Manager and Engineering in all areas of Machines/Maintenance as relates to set-up, installation, adjusting, repairing, testing, calibrating and operations of line machinery.
- Provides comprehensive written reports on all phases of activities.
- Maintain Project Documentation for ISO, TS requirements, and other purposes.
- Must have three or more years experience with the development of Real-Time software for PLCs.
- BS Degree in Engineering, or six or more years related work experience.
- Must have three or more years experience with the development of Panel or PC-based HMIs.
- Direct Hire
- Health, Dental, 401k