A manufacturing company considered one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science is looking for a CNC Machinist in the Glendale, AZ area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available. Second Shift are 12 hours working 5 PM -5AM on an alternating weekend schedule (Sat, Sun, Mon). This means an employee works three days on then three days off and works every other Sunday.
Responsibilities for the Machinist
- Operate and adjust machines to produce high quality component parts and assist in the maintenance of the machine and tooling used. Perform quality inspection of finished components throughout the process. Read and interpret prints, routings, layouts, and related documents to produce component parts that meet design specifications in order to satisfy company quality standards.
- Perform various machine functions such as turning, drilling, reaming, threading. Inspect component parts to print using micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparator, etc. throughout the process. Complete necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on assigned machines, and maintain proper coolant levels and concentrations on a daily basis. Troubleshoot some machine and tooling problems and correct and adjust as necessary with assistance. Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
Requirements for the Machinist
- High School/General Education Diploma or equivalent work experience. Basic math skills. A Basic understanding of GD&T. Strong CNC background in a job shop environment with very tight tolerances. Experience programming and running Mills and Lathes.
- Knowledge/experience in using measurement equipment, i.e. Comparator, calipers, micrometers, and other gages. Ability to program 3rd, 4th and 5th axis mills, preferably in Parts Maker or MasterCam. Ability to interpret extremely complex drawings and diagrams.
- Design tools required to make assigned parts. Knowledge of or Experience in Operation of CNC Mori-Seki’s (Lathes and/or Mills), Citizen's, Deco's, Robo Mills or Star's preferred.
Benefits for the Machinist