Nationally recognized producer of advanced plastic polymer storage bins is looking for a technically strong Tooling Technician to maintain molds in a safe and efficient manner, perform necessary scheduled and unscheduled repairs of all tooling and tooling machinery. In addition to operating three extremely efficient manufacturing facilities in the United States, with some of the largest high-pressure injection molding presses in North America, this organization has manufacturing facilities, design teams, and a global direct sales force operating in key markets worldwide.
Responsibilities for the Technician
- Develop and maintain an ongoing preventative maintenance program for all tooling. Manage and maintain inventory of tools and tooling components.
- Develop, implement and manage a preventative maintenance program ensuring an efficient and safe working environment while managing costs and utilizing the lowest reliable suppliers
- Provide tooling support for daily production efforts by developing and implementing in press cleaning schedule.
- Manage outside tooling contractors by communicating and establishing performance expectations.
Requirements for the Technician
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the injection mold design and processing, preferably in the plastics industry
- Extensive tooling and machining knowledge
- Knowledge of tool and related system design and functions
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Benefits for the Technician
- Excellent compensation and benefits package