Safety Coordinator, Ghent, KY - Fortune 200 company and division of the nation’s largest steel and steel products manufacturer and largest recycler is seeking qualified applicants for a Safety Coordinator. Reporting to the Safety Manager and peer to another Safety Coordinator, this
position is responsible for providing effective professional safety and health support to improve and sustain industrial health and safety of all teammates. The position will assist in the implementation of loss prevention, safety, health, security and fire control efforts for all teammates and facilities. Plant is currently pursuing VPP certification.
Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: working with state and federal safety regulations, analyzing compliance, implementing best practices
- Implementing effective communication systems for safety and health issues, maintaining the safety management system, assisting with development of safe job analysis and safe job procedures.
- Identifying training needs and delivering training, auditing safety efforts, participating in and/or leading safety focus teams, coordinating industrial hygiene monitoring
- Leading and participating in Voluntary Protection Partnership (VPP) preparation and assisting in management of workers compensation, and return to work and medical programs.
- The Safety Coordinator will also be trained as a Radiation Safety Officer and perform the associated responsibilities. This position will be required to be on call.
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree. Prefer Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering or related.
- At least two years of experience working in an industrial environment applying safety policies and development of safety and loss prevention programs preferred.
- Also preferred is experience working with federal/state safety regulations and laws; experience with safety management systems and/or OSHA VPP
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, NFPA, ANSI, IBIH and other regulatory standards, protocols and compliance in order to create policies and procedures.
- Experience with safety, quality, or environmental management systems;
Benefits for the Safety Engineer
- Our client offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, life, 401(k), profit sharing, education reimbursement, training and advancement opportunities.