Mechanical Engineer opportunity for someone with high speed asset support and optimization project manufacturing experience with a large, stable manufacturer located in Western Connecticut. This hands on engineering position will be responsible for providing guidance in the design, development, and operation of paper manufacturing and converting and supporting processes. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Lead various engineering projects with a financial scope of up to $10 million from conception through commercialization
- Provide functional guidance in the design, development, and optimization of converting and manufacturing equipment and processes
- Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines and that provides for the safety and well being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel
- Identify complex technical issues and provide necessary solutions to eliminate root cause
- Assist in the development of others within the area of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Approximately 5 or more years applicable experience in a high speed manufacturing environment (expertise in tissue and/or towel converting and manufacturing would be ideal)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while providing task oriented direction to others in order to complete projects within required timeframes
- Familiarity with machine installations and startups.
Benefits for the Mechanical Engineer