CIVIL ENGINEER opportunity at a highly regarded design/construction firm in either Chicago, IL metro or the Pacific Northwest.
Need 5+ years design experience with ANY of: roadways, transportation, drainage, land development, municipalities or equivalent. Need project management and, as a plus, construction management experience. A PLUS to have Railway facility design experience or PE registration. Travel up to 25%. Includes relo.
Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
- Lead and perform design of railroad auxiliary facility designs, and prepare plans, specifications, and related documents
- Oversee the evaluation, measurement, and quantification of existing site conditions.
- Direct survey staff with field data collection.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals for future work.
- Serve as liaison with client/owner, contractors, or others directly involved with design or construction efforts, ensuring the required coordination and problem solving between all parties in order to maintain project progress.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, accounting for client/owner needs and resource availability.
- Lead development of, maintenance of, and upholds internal standards for typical design details, CAD standards, design/construction manuals, or general standards of practice.
- Manage Subconsultants/Subcontractors engaged in support of design and construction projects.
- Control projects by managing the budget, invoicing, and reporting of projects, for both internal and client needs.
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering OR BSCET
- 5 to 10+ years of Civil design experience with ANY of: roadways, transportation, drainage, land development, municipalities OR equivalent
- Need working knowledge with CAD design software
- Project Management experience
- A PLUS to have experience with (a) Microstation and Geopak or (b) CAD Inroads OR (c) PE License
- A PLUS to have (a) Construction Project Management experience or (b) Railway and related Rail facilities design and engineering
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Benefits for the Civil Engineer
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications, any Railroad design experience, any Construction Project Management experience, and license status
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity