A leading aerospace company located in Bloomfield, CT is looking for a Subcontracts Administrator. This is a direct hire role. APPLY NOW!
- Responsible for the procurement of subcontracted materials and services which are complex, unique or of high dollar value.
- Understand and develop subcontract specifications, work statements and terms and conditions for the procurement of specific specialized commodities, prepare bid packages, conduct bidder’s conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals.
- Engage early supplier involvement to help develop and/or co-develop a statement of work with a cross functional team as part of a bid proposal or R&D efforts.
- Develop negotiation strategies and negotiate complex subcontract provisions, develop new suppliers, write awards and administer subsequent subcontracts.
- Manage, coordinate and negotiate change to subcontracts to meet program needs. Assist in the development of subcontract policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage suppliers/subcontractors to ensure suppliers/subcontractors are on-time to committed deliverables. I
- Source, screen and select qualified suppliers to meet company requirements
- Use MRP system to produce and track purchase orders and related documentation.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years procurement experience of subcontracted materials and services which are complex, unique or of high dollar value.
- Requires ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Must be able to negotiate and manage suppliers
- Comprehensive benefit package