A very prominent Fortune 500 food manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Packaging Engineer to add to their team in Chicago. The Sr. Packaging Engineer will lead the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while supporting the cross-functional project tasks. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience as a packaging engineer in consumer products, food, or pharmaceutical industries.
Salary range for the position is $90-95KK. The company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits, 401K, profit sharing bonus, and relocation for the successful candidate. Annual bonus is also included with this role.
- Lead technical delivery of base business projects independently while simultaneously supporting high complexity technical projects.
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the business.
- Collaborate with business, and technical peers on assigned brand(s), as well as external partners and resources.
- Independently plan, execute, and analyze plant/pilot plant/lab trials.
- Utilized as a subject matter expert in selected packaging technology platforms.
- Maintain strong understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and CQV design.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems for the assigned business.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering, or related field required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in packaging industry, CPG preferred.
- Strong understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment.