Construction Quality Control Manager contract opportunity with a client located in the Durham, NC area. This position will oversee the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for commercial and industrial construction projects to maintain quality on the project.
- Maintain quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work and work-in- progress as related to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Works with the Safety Manager and Project Manager to fulfill any quality controlconstruction needs
- Update, monitor and evaluate the project quality plan and act as representative to the client in all matters concerning the quality of the project.
- Identify gaps and potential changes in quality management procedures that affect project operations
- Participate in independent internal audits, assessments and vendors request.
- Other duties as needed and required
- Approximately 5 or more years of combined experience as a Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager or Project Engineer on a similar size and type of construction contract
- 2 years of experience as a QC Manager
- Working knowledge of field construction including systems, practices, general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods and sequencing
- Detailed experience with quality control for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Familiarity with requirements of USACE EM 385-1- 1
- USACE or NAVFAC Project Experience
- Certificate of completion of Construction Quality Managers for Contractors course is a plus
- Design/Build experience is a plus