Production Supervisor, Chicago, IL - Forging - Directs and trains labor force to meet production requirements by creating clear lines of communication while enforcing job instructions, safety requirements, quality requirements, and adherence to company policy. Metals industry experience highly desired. Must be open to working 2nd or 3rd Shift. OT paid at 1x. See benefits below.
Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
- Continuous improvement of work and activities
- Compliance with the corporate mission statement
- Cooperation with other people in spirit of mutual respect
- Fulfilling thoroughly all tasks within the scope of defined qualifications and responsibilities
- Represent the company in professional and respectful mannerMaintaining confidentiality of proprietary information
- Lead, supervise, review, direct and train personnel
- Implement good company/employee relations, including cooperation and teamwork
- Ensure staff are following standard operating procedures (enforce SOP)
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED, Techical degree preferred
- Experience:Minimum two years’ experience in Manufacturing (Forging preferred
- Supervision experience required
- Technical knowledge:Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Willingness to work on either 2nd or 3rd Shift. Fixed schedule. no rotation.
Benefits for the Production Supervisor
- Full time role with benefits
- OT paid at 1x for hours worked over 9 hrs/day or on Saturday.