A leading engineering consulting firm is looking for an Engineering Manager for their Syracuse, NY office. This position will be responsible for the daily operations and financial performance of the Syracuse office, including industrial equipment inspections, vibration monitoring, tank/vessel/piping inspections, and non-destructive testing. This position requires an enthusiastic and energetic professional engineer with a minimum of 4 years experience and the ability to expand consulting services into new markets (e.g. Project Management, Quality Control, CWI, etc.)
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
- Work closely with management to obtain new work and clients, increasing department revenue.
- Work closely with the Syracuse team; providing daily supervision, scheduling, and job coordination.
- Work closely with clients to ensure Safe, Timely, and Accurate results are provided.
- Perform field inspections of tanks, pressure vessels, and piping for compliance with standards and regulations, and provide recommendations for repairs and alterations to tanks, pressure vessels, piping and other components.
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- BS in engineering (or ability to complete BS degree)
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- 4 - 8 years’ experience with industrial equipment inspections, operations, or maintenance experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to write and review reports detailing assessments and results
- Experience with ASME and API calculations.
- At least one of the following certifications: API-653, API-570, API,510, STI, CWI
Benefits for the Engineering Manager
- Competitive employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, personal time, and bonus.
- Excellent wage and advancement opportunities.