Environmental Health & Safety Manager opportunity with a chemical manufacturing client located approximately 45 minutes North of the Chattanooga, TN area. This position will be responsible for Regulatory Compliance and reporting and safety management for this chemical synthesis manufacturing plant with covered processes. Candidates withing commuting distance or able to self relocate preferred.
- Air Permit (Title V) Annual Report Submission, Emission Calculations (software used in house), LDAR
- POTW Annual Report Submission, Semi Annual Reporting, Permit Management
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Development, Monitoring, and Management
- Process Safety Management Participation in Management of Change, Procedure approval and Process Safety Information Reviews
- Confined Space Entry, Lockout / Tagout, High Work, Hot Work, Line Breaking, Electrical Safety Related Work Practices
- General Experience in Training, Inspections, Risk Management, Workers Compensation (record keeping and OSHA 300 Log)
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary or required for certain production requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience in EHS compliance.
- Approximately 7 or more years experience in an EHS compliance role.
- Must be familiar with and have command of regulations applicable to chemical plant operations.
- Capable of advising plant management on potential waste, hazard, environmental issues associated with new products under consideration.
- Knowledge and experience with modern Total Quality Management techniques.
- Basic knowledge of organic chemistry, industrial hygiene, governmental regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, DOT, Fire Codes.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.