An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Grovetown, GA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available. 1 first shift position is from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM and training for this position is 4-6 weeks. There are 2 night shift positions (9:00 PM - 5:30 AM). Possible OT.
- Assigns, organizes, and reviews different portions of the work to support contractors. Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans, and labor standards for modifications to current operations and/or new parts or programs.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas. Creates and integrates plans to support manufacturing through the company production system. Designs the layout of operations.
- Leads analysis, development and application of new manufacturing processes. Analyzes and makes alterations to existing performance pay plans; helps with the development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
- Degree is preferred, but equivalent experience is acceptable.
- At least three years of experience with manufacturing and working on a production floor.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and SAP preferred.