QUALITY ENGINEER opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm in the greater St.Louis, MO southern metro. Temp-to-Perm opportunity BS Engineering and minimum 2 years experience. Estimated travel 5 to 10%. Career growth opportunity. Local candidates.
- Project Quality Engineer position responsible for the overall quality on a project basis, ensuring all requirements of N/E, applicable codes and standards, and the customer are met or exceeded. This individual will possess a strong knowledge of welding, heat treatment, destructive and non-destructive testing methods necessary for producing a high quality product
- Resolution of product non-conformances and deviation requests, acceptance of supplier procedures and documentation, and serve as Subject Matter Expert for issues related to codes and standards
- Resolve supplier quality issues, review incoming inspection reports for accuracy, review and approve quality procedures and documentation, and develop ASME data reports and perform code certification stamping, and assist in root cause failure investigations and determine corrective action
- Quality Engineer use quality tools to improve and ensure quality management system is functioning properly. Specifics activities may include, but are not limited to, auditing, supporting or leading quality improvement initiatives, and/or participating in root cause corrective action (RCCA) teams. Support quality management in the maintenance of procedures
- Aid the quality systems manager with the evaluation of the quality management system through internal and external auditing to ensuring compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Resolution of more complex quality issues related to the quality management system, systemic product nonconformities and suppliers issues.
- Evaluation of internal and external corrective actions and determination of corrective action effectivity.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering. A PLUS if in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience, A PLUS if 3+ years in a QA/QC environment
- A PLUS to have knowledge of welding, heat treat, NDE, ASME & AWS Codesand knowledge of metallurgy of ferrous materials
- Salary in range shown based on qualifications and education
- Contractor Benefits in Contract phase and Comprehensive Benefits when transitioned to Direct Hire
- Growth opportunity with a solid well established firm
- Temp-to-Perm opportunity
- Local candidates