PRODUCT ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm in Boca Raton, FL. Projected 12+ month assignment. Need BS Engineering and 3+ years experience with working knowledge of CAD or Pro-E. Growth opportunity. Will work with consumer products. Local candidates.
- Lead product design improvements on assigned products to optimize productivity in sourced and manufactured components and finished goods in terms of design, process, material and manufacturing
- Develop, monitor and manage the execution of test plans to meet product performance standards
- Analyze VAVE opportunities to ensure the proper establishment of metrics
- Focus on applying Cost savings and Six sigma and lean methodologies
- Use CAD or as a plus Pro-E to evaluate product designs, programming and manipulating drawings
- BS degree in Engineering or similar field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an R&D or manufacturing environments leading or participating in cost reduction/product optimization projects
- Must be proficient with CAD or, AS A PLUS, Pro-E
- Familiar with the molding, extrusion and fabrication of various plastic components and experience especially AS A PLUS working with appliances or similar consumer goods.
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualificartions
- Contractor benefits during contract phase
- Excellent Exposure at a top firm
- Local candidates