EMC Engineer needed for a global leader in the product testing and certification space. In this role you will be responsible for performing a variety of product evaluations to determine compliance with applicable standards.
Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
- Independently conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, rain, radiation, sound, and laser.
- Supply information for quotes such as length of project, site needed, rental equipment, samples, and standardsthat will be used.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Bachelors degree in engineering, Electrical preferred.
- 2-4 years directly related experience
- Demonstrated experience with U.S (FCC Part 2, 11, 15, 18 etc. ) & Canadian Emissions Standards (RSS-GEN, RSS-118, RSS-119, RSS-128, RSS-129, RSS-131, RSS-133, RSS-134, RSS-136, RSS-139, RSS-210, RSS-310 etc., International Product Family EMC Standards (EN 55011, EN 55013, EN 610000-6-x, IEC 61326-1, IEC 60601-1-2) and Basic Standards (61000-3-x, 61000-4-x etc.), R&TTE Directive Standards.