QUALITY GROUP LEADER opportunity at a solid manufacturing firm near Marissa, IL in southern Illinois. Need Bachelor degree Engineering and 5+ years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment. Growth opportunity. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Quality Supervisor
- Leads a team of 4 Quality Engineers in quality control activities in coordination with Launch Engineering and interfaces with site customer quality engineering, product engineering, and manufacturing staff in order to develop and execute the quality control system for new product launches
- Provide leadership and direction over assigned work group(s), ensuring systems and processes are in place to achieve or exceed key metrics/targets/goals in quality engineering/controls, costs, budgets, safety, and customer service
- Work with cross functional technical teams and sales/marketing in the development of quote proposals for new business opportunities.Lead the launch team in the creation of PFMEA’s, Control Plans and other quality documentation for new product launches
- Manage all quality events regarding purchased components. Coordinates, reviews and approves all supplier assembly component tooling run-off’s. Approve all quality specifications, APQP documentation and PPAP submissions.
- Manage working relationships with customers, suppliers and other key external contacts.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
- Supervisory Responsibilities include provides guidance, sets expectations, clarifies responsibilities, and provides feedback and performance reviews for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals. Resolve conflicts between team members and with other teams. Facilitates in maintaining positive team member relations and morale.
Requirements for the Quality Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment involving high speed high volume manufacturing
- 4+ years experience in project management, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
- A PLUS to have Automotive industry and/or die cast industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership in areas such as a program or area of responsibility
- A PLUS to have knowledge of GD&T
Benefits for the Quality Supervisor
- Salary in range shown based on qualifications and education
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity at a well established firm
- Bonus eligible
- Good Relocation Package