Mutli billion dollar Fortune 500 manufacturer near Pittsburgh PA seeks an Engineering Manager to oversee Process Engineers in a primary metal manufacturing environment. You should be be passionate about optimizing performance in the overall manufacturing process and be able to delegate and provide work direction as appropriate. Join a large plant which is part of a strong company, one that has been consistently outperforming its competitors. Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to improve overall production performance in process and product standards
- Evaluate process changes made in department to assure positive impact to customers and product integrity
- Direct the activities of Process Engineers to satisfy and exceed customer requirements including assigning projects and requiring technical reports and analysis of quality information as well as quality system compliance within the department
- Provide direction to other Managers and Supervisors in the department as it pertains to process changes, conditions, trials, quality issues, etc
- Provide technical expertise in process requirements for new products and develop evaluation methods
- BS Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Steelmaking experience or similar
- Expertise in plant operations, general maintenance, procedures, OSHA regulations, environmental regulations
- Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc.