Controls Engineer, Syracuse,NY - Specialty Steel manufacturer seeks to hire an Electrical/Electronics Engineer to conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/ electronic systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The Electrical/Electronics Engineer troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, PC logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives and external Input/Output (I/O) devices. WILL CONSIDER AN ENTRY LEVEL CANDIDATE.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, field devices, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, test equipment and furnace controls.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Four-year Electrical/Electronics Engineering degree. Will consider entry level candidate
- Navy Nuclear experience highly desired
- 1 -5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields.
- Desire someone with computer experience/operation and PLC programming, Allen Bradley ControlLogix
Benefits for the Controls Engineer
- Full relocation package
- Bonus Eligible