Maintenance Manager, McDonough, GA - The Maintenance Manager requires an individual who has demonstrated success in a fast-paced medium to heavy manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include the safe direction of a small group of mechanics that perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and install of new equipment. This is a 'hands-on' position and requires technical expertise in electricity, pneumatics, mechanical drives, and hydraulics. 6 Technicians report to this role. Currently running 2 shifts, 5-6 days/week. Company known for valuing work life balance to their employees.
- Leads team that provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Safe direction of a small group of mechanics that perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and install new equipment.
- Spends the majority of his/her time on the production floor.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction,
- Must prepare and present plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members
- Maintain costs of maintenance labor and supplies within budget.
- Degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of supervision experience in a manufacturing plant
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, high initiative and 'Grit'
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to provide hands-on support to their team.
- Demonstrated history of being a strong employee advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bonus eligible,2 shift operation. Limited weekends