Electrical Engineer opening for someone that has physical substation design experience with a client in the Atlanta, GA area. Salary will be commensurate with experience so all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Local candidates preferred although relocation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Create design documents and drawings for physical substation design projects
- Develop the layout of high voltage electrical substations to include developing the electrical plan, section and detail drawings, conduit plan and detail drawings, grounding plan and detail drawings, and performing conduit fill calculations
- Develop and create detail drawings for substation foundations and structures
- Lightning Protection design utilizing Rolling Sphere methodology
- Creation of bills of material for all aspects of outdoor physical design, equipment specifications, material & equipment coordination with supply chain and construction personnel.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with other project engineers, customer representatives, and others as needed
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology, from an accredited university, with a power background preferred
- Approximately 3 or more years of related experience and/or proven knowledge in substation power engineering and design
- Strong knowledge and understanding of substation components and their functions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of substation foundations and structures
- Strong knowledge of three phase power systems
- Knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
- PE is a plus