Geotechnical Engineer opportunity with a well established firm located Northwest of the Washington DC area. This is an excellent long term direct hire opportunity for an entry level degreed Civil Engineer to learn and grow through training and under the supervision of senior engineering personnel on large infrastructure geotechnical projects. Client offers great benefits including tuition reimbursement, employee stock ownership and a bonus program. Local candidates preferred.
- Geotechnical analysis and calculations related to foundations, retaining walls, soil and rock slope stability, tiebacks, soil nails rock bots, ground improvement and geotechnical instrumentation
- Geotechnical design support through preparation of draft reports, calculations, plans and specifications
- Logging of test borings
- Construction inspection
- Preparation of field reports
- Field work and travel, including occasional assignments that may last several weeks away from the office
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year program
- 0-3 years of relevant experience with prior professional work or summer intern work in a related field is desirable
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD experience (GIS and MicroStation experience is preferred)
- Physically able to negotiate construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders, and work outside.
- Completion of the E.I.T. within 6 months of hire.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K and profit sharing plan
- Employee stock ownership
- Bonus program
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Wellness programs
- Tuition reimbursement