A Lab Technician is needed for a leading manufacturing organization. The Lab Technician is responsible for maintaining and operating the paint equipment to measure paint appearance, color, physical properties and entering the test data into the system. The Lab Technician will also be responsible for managing inventories of various supplies and coordinating delivery of various paint supplies and samples. Experience measuring and collecting and creating technical reports. Must have a strong knowledge working with MS Excel. This is a year long contract in Georgetown, KY. Our client is seeking local candidates or candidates willing to self relocate.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
- Testing paint appearance, color, physical properties.
- Generating technical lab reports for system review.
- Managing inventories of various supplies and coordination of deliveries of trial paint with suppliers.
- Manage group operating budget and coordination of chemical approvals with safety and environmental departments.
- Requires working with paints and solvents.
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- 5-10 years of experience working in a lab or manufacturing base.
- Experience taking measurements, data collection, creating technical reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience managing supplies and inventories.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
Benefits for the Laboratory Technician
- Comprehensive contractor benefits