LAB TECHNICIAN contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm near Huntersville, NC. Projected 6+ month assignment. Need technical AS degree and 2+ years experience. Local candidates.
- Responsible for determining metrological process for inspecting fabricated, purchased, and assembled parts produced by all type manufacturing processes (Welding, machining, forming, casting, molding, etc.) to assure that all materials and end products are checked and meet the specifications
- On submitted products or materials, determine and select the appropriate inspection measuring and test equipment and method that is capable of the necessary accuracy and precision.
- Perform dimensional layouts by using all of the different metrology methods and equipment available in the metrology lab.
- Support gage calibration per the due date schedule on all types of gages used in the metrology lab and throughout Tech Center. Lead or participate in Gage R&R studies for various gages per AIAG MSA manual
- Provide detailed reports of dimensional results on required formats
- Participates in cross functional teams
- Associate or Technical Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance or related area and minimum 2-5 years’ experience using GD&T
- Knowledge AIAG MSA, GD&T, and core metrology competence
- Basic mechanical aptitude and simple math
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualificartions
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top firm
- Local candidates