A GIS Specialist is needed for an immediate opening with a leading Water and Wastewater utility near Fort Walton Beach, FL. The GIS Specialist is responsible to maintain geodatabases, ensuring geospatial information as accurate and up to date, as well as assisting in the creation, updating, and maintenance of the ArcGIS systems. Qualified candidates must be proficient with ArcGIS, and have a BS Degree or 7+ years' of progressive experience in the design and development of geospatial information systems. This is a direct hire opportunity area and out client is only seeking local talent at this time.
- Incorporate spatial and non-spatial data from a broad range of sources into geodatabases.
- Manage GIS data, GPS data & incorporate field data from operations staff for asset management
- Creates highly detailed, complex maps
- Insure that GIS data is properly formatted for seamless integration into Cityworks; Track GIS corrections and update requests through the Cityworks user interface
- Knowledge of water/ wastewater utilities is preferred
- A BS Degree or 7+ years' of progressive experience in the design and development of geospatial information systems
- Must be proficient with ArcGIS
- Python scripting and proficiency with AutoCAD is preferred
- Exposure to database design, visualization technologies, modeling, and simulation is preferred
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401 K