Controls/Automation Engineer, Salt Lake City, UT, - Equipment OEM seeks to hire a Controls Engineer to lead the design and development of control systems for highly automated equipment, including robotic integration. BSEE highly preferred.
Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
- Responsible for full Development of Controls and Programming of Automated Material;
- Handling Equipment from initial concept to final implementation and customer acceptance;
- Study and identify customers' needs to specifications;
- Develop interfaces and control programs for different pieces of equipment;
- Program appropriate software and interfaces;
- Participate in the start-up of the equipment at the factory or at the customers' location.
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- BSEE or BSEET highly preferred
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing or with and equipment OEM is desired
- Able to program in both
- PLC troubleshooting and programming experience required.
- Robotics experience required
- Open to 30% travel
- This is not a field service position but that experience may transfer well.
Benefits for the Automation Engineer