Process engineer needed for a Tier 1 automotive client located just south of Louisville Candidates will determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and efficiency. Salary will be based on experience.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
- Evaluates, implements and monitors processes and operating systems for the manufacture of glass products
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance or other department concerns
- Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to current equipment
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improve the efficiency, output , safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Lead technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Quality systems, TS 16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities