Process Engineer contract , potential temp to hire opportunity with a manufacturing client located in the Mt. Vernon, IN area. This position will be responsible to assist in determining root cause analysis and corrective actions with a continuous improvement approach for this clients manufacturing logistics / inventory processes in conjunction with their customized ERP system. Client will consider entry-level candidates . Local candidates or those able to self relocate preferred.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
- Develop an in depth understanding of the operations and manufacturing logistics ERP processes and interactions with other modules and data elements
- Drive Root Cause identification, prioritize Corrective Actions and track closure of actions to improve operations and manufacturing logistics performance
- Discover opportunities in operations and manufacturing logistics to lead improvements and eliminate workarounds
- Receive, review and coordinate resolution of manufacturing inventorydiscrepancies ensuring inventories are reflected as actuals
- Coordinate site operations and manufacturing logistics users to ensure alignment and understanding of process and master data
- Effectively communicate with team leads to facilitate operations or manufacturing logistics process or data updates as well as improvement and learning across the network
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- BS in and Engineering discipline preferred (client will consider non-degreed candidates with experience)
- Demonstrated experience or ability to break down root cause, corrective actions and process improvement for operations and manufacturing logistics for inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Ability to understand the impact of ERP process and-/or data changes across all modules
- SAP experience preferred although other ERP system experience will also be considered.