Immediate full-time opportunity located near Waukegan, IL for a Production Supervisor at a leading manufacturer of scientific and testing equipment used for material testing. This position is responsible review production schedules to ascertain work load and prepares schedules and priorities for work. The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years of work experience inspecting, testing and troubleshooting moderately complex machines, and/or electrical systems. This is a supervisory role leading the Technician team with the responsibility to be an individual contributor. This position is a contract role slated to last initially for three months with the possibility for extension. APPLY NOW!
- Reviews production schedules to ascertain work load and prepares schedules and priorities for work
- Assigns personnel to specific work assignments and reviews test reports to determine if physical characteristics of sample specimens meet metallurgical specifications and quality control standards
- Inspect, test and troubleshoot moderately complex machines, electrical systems
- Testing and adjusting completed units to ensure they meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements
- Perform all aspects of prototype and V&V testing
- Perform inspection, testing and troubleshooting of material preparation equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting using diagnostic test instruments
- Associate’s degree or postsecondary technical certificates required
- Must have supervisory or lead experience in reviewing production schedules to allocate schedules and priorities out to testing team
- Experience inspecting, testing and troubleshooting moderately complex testing machines, and/or electrical systems
- Experience using diagnostic test instruments (e.g. multi-meters, pressure gauges).
- Understanding of material preparation equipment
- Ability to read production, design and engineering drawings
- Full benefits package
- PTO plan