A world leading manufacturer of material-testing equipment is looking for a Field Service Engineer to service customers in the northeast. The Field Service Engineer should have 2-3 years of field service work experience, preferably with electro-mechanical equipment. This position requires regional travel to customers but no weekend travel. The Field Service Engineer will work from a home office and should be located between Hartford; CT and Boston; MA. A majority of clients are located in New York; Connecticut; and Massachusetts so the candidate must be open to frequent travel in those areas.
Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
- Perform factory level installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades, calibration and preventative maintenance.
- Promote new Preventative Maintenance Contracts, Spare Part, Consumable & Equipment sales.
- Travel weekly to customer sites in designated territory.
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Electronic trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to read and interpret Electronic Schematics and Wiring Diagrams, and Pneumatic and Hydraulic Diagrams.
Benefits for the Field Service Engineer
- Overtime pay after 37.5 hours per week.
- Company vehicle, cell phone, lap top, and all travel expenses reimbursed.
- Medical, dental, vision.