PRODUCT ENGINEER opportunity at a well established manufacturing firm near Centralia, MO. Growth opportunity. Need BS Degree Engineering and 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment. Includes relocation.
- Lead and manage all customer-driven and internal product changes. Assess the impact of changes on product shape, manufacturability, process, function and quality and the impact of changes on product financials (amortization balance) and capacity (volume/cycle time changes).
- Participate in design reviews for new products, tools, processes, and equipment. Review designs for manufacturability and performs risk assessments.
- Lead all design efforts for product, components and tooling for die cast and M&A operations.
- Participate in die cast and machining and assembly equipment run-offs.
- Assist in quoting the costs and timing associated with changes on products.
- Provide oversight of tooling, process, and document changes associated with the requested change and with assistance from Manufacturing and Quality Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ year experience, strongly emphasize manufacturing experience, lean-type skills/knowledge, industrial engineering
- 2+ years experience in project management, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
- A PLUS to have experience in lean manufacturing processes; High volume automotive with automated machining, assembly, and tooling experience.
- Advanced skills in CAD, PQ2, GD & T, and 5s and visual factory concepts.
- Knowledge in the following: (a) gating, runner design, PQ2 diagrams, atomization, gate velocity, and tool design, (b) Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques and programs, (c) blue print/part print reading skills, (d) Solid understanding and experience in moldflow modeling simulations and interpretations.
- Salary in range shown based on qualifications and education
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity at a well established firm
- Bonus eligible