Leading manufacturer is looking to hire a Plant Manager. This position will be located near Portland, OR area. The Plant Manager is responsible for all plant operations including safety, quality, production, purchasing, scheduling, and customer service. A significant portion of this plant’s success has been through the implementation of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques., This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience ranging from a base salary of $130k-160k plus bonus. Excellent relocation package for this willing to relocate to the Portland, OR area. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Plan, organize, and direct all aspects of the manufacturing, maintenance, scheduling, and purchasing operations to ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Manage spending against budget in relation to the seasonal nature of the business, and other changes in production volumes.
- Manage operations expenses in line with financial commitments to management. Accurately estimate scrap, purchases and labor and monitors expenses regularly to ensure compliance with budget. Effectively communicate budget status to management, and identifies solutions to any potential overage.
- Forecast operational costs/variances and inventories versus a sale plan and ensure financial commitments are delivered. Identify gaps/risks with sufficient lead time to allow for 'close the gap' plans to be developed and executed.
- Identify opportunities to improve costs and delivery times. Delivers on commitments. Complete financial analyses related to investment or operational strategy decisions.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans
- Implement process variation in areas of responsibility and the application of Six Sigma.
- Lead and support projects using Lean principles and tools including: 5S (manufacturing and office), VSM, Kaizen, TPM, pull systems, 7 wastes and standardized work.
- Plant Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Related
- 5+ years experience in Plant Management
- Excellent communications skills and strong decision maker
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Direct Hire
- Excellent compensation plan, base salary commensurate with experience ranging from $130k to $160k plus bonus, excellent benefits, and paid vacation
- Relocation assistance is available