Diversified energy company near St. Louis is seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer for a long term contract, possible temp to hire role. Candidate will support the selection, implementation, and maintenance of the instrument asset base at a large operating refinery.Per diem available for candidates who require and qualify.
- Providing engineering services to troubleshoot, analyze and provide direction to safely resolve instrument and shutdown system problems within assigned production areas of a large refinery
- Responsibility for the development, implementation and coordination of instrument and shutdown system reliability improvement efforts, processes and systems
- Assisting the maintenance work process to provide technical guidance and documentation based on priority instrument and shutdown system work
- BS Engineering degree required - BSEE or BS ChemE desired
- 5+ years experience instrument and/or shutdown systems experience in a plant or manufacturing environment (refining or petrochem desired) and 5 +years of field instrumentation experience with hardware installation, programming, design, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of acceptance testing and commissioning of instrument equipment and systems
- Honeywell DCS, Allen-Bradley or Modicon PLC experience desired
- Per diem available for candidates who require and qualify.