Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist position with a Manufacturing client located approximately 45 minutes Southeast of the Raleigh, NC area. This position will be responsible to establish EH&S activities for the site to include establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance;
communication of regulatory requirements, etc. Local candidates or those able to self relocate preferred.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives
- Facilitate risk assessment to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects and create targets and objectives based on the risks
- Drive and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site
- Uses established EHS data processes to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives
- Other duties as required
- Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, industrial engineering, environmental discipline or equivalent.
- Experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- Advanced degree or professional certification is a plus