Transportation and Distribution Manager opportunity with a food & beverage manufacturing client located in the Northeastern, OH area. This position will have responsibility for managing the distribution, transportation and logistics for multiple locations to include planning, directing and monitoring routing for all assigned facilities to ensure proper route coverage. This position is bonus eligible. Relocation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Direct, Monitor, and coordinate route drivers to ensure maximum performance and route optimization of product delivery, service and good customer relations
- Perform regular inspections to ensure all facilities, equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with company standards
- Manage the department’s operating budget and assist in cost analysis
- Work closely with Company Safety and DOT compliance managers and assure timely and assertive responses to inspection findings
- Perform inspections to ensure facilities, equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with company standards
- Manage, coach, train and develop subordinates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree plus approximately 8 or more years experience in food & beverage distribution, transportation and logistics
- Strong management and leadership skills, with coaching/staff accountability, and development & training
- Demonstrated experience in Routing Software, GPS Systems and Routing Optimization
- Financial management knowledge with P&L experience
- Experience within a Continuous Improvement & Strategic Planning environment
- Direct Store Distribution experience
- Experience working in a Union environment is required