MANUFACTURING PROJECT ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm near Winchester, VA. Projected 3-4+ month assignment. Local candidates.
- Manufacturing Project Engineer will act as the plant authority on project implementation using Lean and other manufacturing processes such as Six Sigma.
- Lead and implement projects that drive improvements in automation, capacity, productivity, cost savings, facilities, mold tooling, etc
- Communicate the status of engineering efforts to both the plant management and other engineering resources throughout the division.
- Lead multifunctional new product project teams, through project milestone process phases of definition, design, development, deployment and delivery while adhering closely to project timeline and budget
- Participate in productivity, VAVE and lean manufacturing initiatives across product portfolio
- Lead engineering effort to understand and develop products
- Prefer a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering or relevant technical degree or 1-3 years of plant/operations experience.
- Minimum 3 to 7+ years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- A PLUS to have Experience with metals products and industries
- Must have working knowledge of six sigma tools and methodology, strong quantitative, analytical and process redesign skills, along with the excellent project management skills.
- Must have Lean manufacturing experience with the ability to lead SMED, Kaizen, and 5S events/projects.
- Must have a good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean/Flow throughput world.
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualificartions
- Contractor benefits during contract phase
- Exposure at a top firm
- Local candidates