Fixture and Tooling Designer contract opportunity with a client located in the Bloomington, MN area. Working closely with multiple internal clients this position will be responsible to create develop and implement design, or portions of a design, for production fixtures or tooling improvements.
- Creates designs and design layouts for fixtures used in the assembly of subsystems and complete products.
- Ensure fixture designs meet safety and quality requirements of the Tooling Department.
- Responsible for basic design calculations, weight distribution, lever arms, etc.
- Secure assistance of consultants or internal specialists to support design calculations, manufacturability, and overall fixture design, where required
- Lead/Support team design reviews with Design Engineers and Designers when necessary
- Provide fixture/tool design maintenance as needed to keep documentation up to date.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
- Graduate of an accredited technical school for design and drafting (two-year course) combined with a minimum of five years of experience in the mechanical drafting field or equivalent.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to balance many different work requests, in different stages of design/manufacture, and provide appropriate feedback to the teams
- Proficiency in Creo/PTC product preferred
- Data management experience desired (e.g., PDMLink)
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications