Interesting DESIGN ENGINEER Contract to Perm opportunity at a solid manufacturing firm near Marissa, IL in southern Illinois. Need Bachelor degree minimum 2+ years design experience in a manufacturing environment. Growth opportunity. Contract to Perm. Includes Per Diem for Temporary/Contract and for Direct Hire will provide relocation.
- Work with Product Engineers, Technicians, and Sales Team to review and optimize the manufacturability of Customer’s part design, serving as a technical resource for part optimization and functional performance
- Works with Central Engineering Team to create or revise solid models and part prints for Customer and equipment components. Prepares models for structural analysis, mold flow simulation, and assists in overflow work in the area of tooling design
- Work with Engineering and Customer to create concept designs that will be compatible to die cast process and allow for the greatest ease of manufacturing while meeting application needs and quality expectations
- Evaluate part designs from Customers for possible changes to enhance compatibility with the die cast process and functional performance
- Manages the CAD data files, including importing, exporting, and translating files, as necessary. Manages the PDM data management system in SolidWorks
- Works with the Mechanical Design Engineer and Process Development Engineer to optimize part designs for castability, strength, and NVH characteristics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum 2+ years work experience to 5+ years work experience with 2 years of design experience
- Proficient in CAD, including solid modeling
- A PLUS to be proficient with SolidWorks, and working knowledge in Creo/ProEngineer, Unigraphics and/or Catia
- Proficient skills in Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques and 5s visual factory concepts
- Proficient blue print/part print reading skills, including GD & T
- Salary in range shown based on qualifications and education
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity at a well established firm
- Includes Per Diem for Temporary/Contract and for Direct Hire will provide relocation.