A prominent manufacturing company in the Florence, Alabama area is seeking a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will reports directly to the divisional Engineering Manager and is responsible for driving Continuous Improvement in the plant through problem solving, process control monitoring, and ensuring consistent application of ISO9001 quality standards. Candidates must have a Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline. The company will pay full relocation expenses for qualified candidates.
- Designs, implements and maintains methods for process control, process improvement, quality testing and product inspection; recommends changes and works to implement changes
- Develops, implements and provides training on standard operating procedures involving quality control
- Monitors production methods to ensure consistency with engineering documentation
- Provide engineering support to Operations and Customer Service to ensure fulfillment of customer requirements
- Travel to and interface with customers to investigate and resolve complaints; responds quickly and accurately to problem identification/resolution inquiries
- Serve as WCM Quality Pillar Member to drive continuous quality improvement; lead major projects as assigned; develop and review project documentation; use WCM tools to increase controls and lower quality costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline and 2-5 years of hands on Quality Assurance experience
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001