DESIGN ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded automotive manufacturing firm on central Ohio. Need BS Engineering degree and CATIA proficiency. Need 2 years of design engineering involving Wheel and Hub Bearing design. Projected 12+ month assignment.
- Conducts design feasibility and cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, part specification, scheduling and coordinating activities involved in prototyping, fabricating and manufacturing of assigned parts and systems.
- Designs/develops components/parts/systems in area of specialty per established quality/development schedule guidelines, implementing design ideas/features by preparing, checking and issuing 2D and 3D drawings/layouts, calculations and analysis and confirming prototype parts compliance with drawing specifications.
- Communicating clearly with Wheel Stylist and Suppliers along with keeping Schedule.
- BS ME or 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
- Design Engineer with over 2 years of engineering experience with Wheel and Hub Bearing Design
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5, Surfacing, FEA
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualifications
- Contractor Benefits
- Exposure at a top automotive firm
- Long term assignment