Operations Supervisor, Robinson, PA, Specialty steel manufacturer seeks to hire an Operations Supervisor/Foreman. This position is responsible for the performance of hourly production employees in the areas of safety, quality, production and implementation of company policies. Rotating 12 hour shifts -3-2-2 schedule. Scheduled off every other weekend. Responsible for the performance of hourly employees on a crew. Also responsible for entire facility during nights/weekends. Degree preferred but not required. Salary posted included estimated additional compensation for working extra days.
Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
- Assist, direct, and train team to work in a safe manner to set-up and operate equipment to produce a product that meets the customer requirements in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Strive to develop and promote all team members and or prepare employees for advancement and growth within the company.
- Responsible for all aspects of shift operations including Safety, Quality, Company Policies, Production, Operational Cost, Lean Manufacturing Procedures and On-Time Performance.
- Responsible for certification and re-certification of all employees for each skill in critical and non-critical operations.
- Reports all issues of concern to upper management as necessary using company policy and company Ethic procedures.
- Handle discipline problems per department and company policy.
- Work from schedules tables charts, general instructions and other data and information to plan and lay out work to ensure an orderly flow of material into and out of the area that meets the customer requirements including delivering the product on time.
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- BA or AAS degree desired but not required
- 3+ years supervision experience in a manufacturing plant
- Demonstrated leadership skills and accomplishments
- Knowledge of and experience using lean manufacturing tools to improve processes
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Benefits for the Production Supervisor
- full time role with excellent benefits
- Paid $450/day for extra days worked