Applications Engineer needed in Hillsboro, OR to provide engineering support for development and integration of Nikon scan & repeat (NSR) equipment in customer fab process and manufacturing environment. Duties include improving NSR performance beyond specifications and to achieve customer specific goals. In addition the Applications engineer will support Field Service personnel in achieving reliability and warranty specifications. This is a perm position and offers an excellent company culture, benefits and opportunities to grow with the organization. Apply Now!
- Works with customer to provide Process development support and tool integration in R&D and manufacturing environment
- Provide support for NSR performance improvement that is beyond specification or compliance to non-specified condition.
- Troubleshoot NSR performance concerns through analysis of log file, test results and customer product or test information.
- Based on analysis or judgment, make recommendations on NSR performance improvement
- Evaluate new NSR functions or options
- Provide engineering support for urgent, escalated customer concerns which typically is driven by down tool or process
- Assists with execution of local projects which are executed through a variety of tactical methods.
- Assist in material update and delivery of internal / customer technical training on NSR
- Assist in compiling data for input to industry conferences
- Utilize e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting. Usage of these tools will support primary and secondary job functions as appropriate
- Provide acceptance test (ATP) support for new and used NSR equipment. This includes working with service team to execute tests, compiling information, reviewing against spec, reviewing with customer and obtaining tool sign-off.
- Where applicable, support customer contract for Applications Engineer based on Scope of Work
- Other duties as required
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering in Microelectronics, Electrical, Optical, Physics (BSEE preferred)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing background and Photolithograph experience preferred
- Proficiency with statistical concepts, analysis, and numerical analysis software (e.g. JMP)
- Must have sound Technical Writing Skills (effective communications)
- The Applications engineer must be able to function effectively in Fab process environment, but escalate concerns and questions when appropriate.
- Able to design and execute test plans and support within areas of discipline that they are familiar with, under direction from Senior Engineers as appropriate.
- Reports test results, analysis results, and status to customer directly, as appropriate for level of proficiency.
- Able to adapt to dynamic schedules, deadlines to serve internal and customer requirements
- High level of local teamwork and communication is required as experience level is built up
- Able to travel to customer sites to provide support