Manufacturing Engineer needed for a direct hire position at a metal fabrication company located near Mercersburg, PA.
Requires 2+ years experience in a manufacturing/industrial engineering role and salary range is in $40-45k/yr range.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Leads new product and/or process startups. This includes pre-planning, establishing and maintaining an implementation timeline and being responsible for ensuring all items are in place to releasing the product/process to standard production.
- Utilizes various software programs for daily job functions.
- Interfaces with customers when developing new manufacturing process, involved with the startup of new products and/or resolving quality issues.
- Interacts with personnel from other departments to ensure company goals and customer expectations are attained.
- Develops and implements Continual Improvement projects.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Creates work instructions to document manufacturing processes.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data for effective problem resolution.
- Associates Degree in Engineering.
- 5 Years in a Technical Role.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Manufacturing Quality.
- CAD/CAM; working knowledge of engineering standard practices that include drawing layout and GD&T, capital investment justification, and an analytical approach to problem solving.