Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Factory Automation Engineer in the Dubuque, IA area. This is a 7-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
- Perform day to day PLC development, integration, and troubleshooting tasks. Provide support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigate, gather, and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Support the deployed tools and processes by troubleshooting identified issues, providing technical training to front line staff, and drive for corrective action on failure modes as they are identified.
- Identify and implement cost reduction, quality, safety, and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope. Work with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology and 4 years of experience working in an industrial setting. 4 years of experience working with AutoCAD Electrical and industrial electrical systems.
- Good understanding of networking principles and practices, as well as E/IP protocol. Experience in developing product validation in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in one or more related engineering areas: electrical, industrial, production, design, manufacturing.